Awards of Excellence
Below is a brief description of the criteria for each award. To apply for the Awards of Excellence, please click on the link listed below for each application form. Where there are multiple categories under an award, be sure to indicate the category in which you wish to apply. You may enter more than one category, but not with the same project.
Community Service Award
Indicate how the project was chosen; give planning details; tell how many people benefited; indicate how much money or time was donated; tell us how many volunteers participated; and describe the impact of the project on the community. The categories for which you can apply are the following:
- Best Health Information Program
- Best Community Education Program
- Best Youth-Oriented Program
- Best Adult-Oriented Program
Download the Application for Community Service Award
County Fundraiser Award
Indicate who and how many people benefited; how much money or time was donated; how much money was raised; how many volunteers participated; and describe the impact of the project on the community. Please note this award will not be dependent on the greatest dollar amount raised.
Download the Application for County Fundraiser AwardDownload the Application for Membership Development Award
Describe your membership activities and indicate how the needs of your membership were served and the impact of the activity on your membership numbers.
Florida Medical Association Alliance Membership Increase
No application form is needed for this award. Counties are judged on the increase in State Memberships based on the previous membership year.
Communication is key! We have added additional categories for this year (2018), to award counties who consistently communicate with their members in informative and creative ways. Counties who submit their newsletters, event invites, websites, and directories will be judged on the writing, content, layout, creativity and design of your entries. Please complete the cover page to accompany your entries. Both hard copies and online communications are eligible. Samples can be mailed to: FMAA P. O. Box 1403, Land O Lakes, FL 34639
Download the Communications Award Cover Letter
AWARDS OF RECOGNITION
To submit a nomination for the Awards of Recognition category, please provide the information requested on the nomination forms. You may nominate in more than one category, but not with the same nominee.
PEGGY WILCOX AWARD
This award is for outstanding service as an individual to his/her community, including both Alliance service and other community involvement.
Download the form to Nominate Someone for the Peggy Wilcox Award
PRIDE IN PARTNERSHIP AWARD
This award is given to couples who volunteer their time on behalf of organized medicine.
Download the form to Nominate a Couple for the Pride in Partnership Award
JILL EDISON LEGISLATIVE AWARD
This award is given to one county Alliance and one individual for execellence in legislative education and projects.
Download the form to Nominate Someone for the Jill Edison Legislative Award
Additional Awards/Grants Offered by our Affiliates
- AMA Alliance Health Promotion Policy Grants (HPPG) provides seed money to county and state Alliances so they can implement a new program or activity inspired by AMA Alliance Health Policies. Currrently there are a limited number of $100-$250 grants available. Projects should provide ongoing opportunities for promoting the AMA Alliance and build healthier communities. Visit the AMAA website for more information
- Southern Medical Society Alliance Grants Each year the SMAA grants county and state alliances through their project grants. Each grant awards $100 to a current project through the state's councilor. Any county or state that receives a grant must submit and display that project at the SMAA Annual Meeting or forfeit the grant. Visit the SMAA website for more information. There are three categories of grants:
- SMAA Doctors' Day Grant Project
- SMAA Health Education Grant Project
- SMAA Medical Heritage Grant Project
2016 FMAA AWARD WINNERS
2015 FMAA AWARD WINNERS
|Membership Development||Fall Coffee||First Place||Sarasota CMSA|
|Best Youth Oriented Community Service Program||TAP – Teenage Parenting||First Place||Collier CMSA|
|Best County Fundraiser||Fall Fling||First Place||Sarasota CMSA|
|Membership Awards||Greatest % Increase||First Place||Miami-Dade CMSA|
|Highest Member Increase||First Place||Sarasota CMSA|
|Highest Member Increase||First Place||Marion CMSA|
|Highest Member Increase||First Place||Lee CMSA|
|New Member Drawing||Marisol Baez|
|Peggy Wilcox Award||Bonnie Silverman||Sarasota CMSA
About the FMA Alliance
For over 90 years, the FMA Alliance has supported Florida patients,
physicians, and their families. We advance health-related endeavors and
engage in legislative advocacy. Any spouse who is married to or partnered with a physician may join.
Florida Medical Association Alliance