STD PSA Annual Contest
Deadline for submissions is April 1st at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
- Are you or do you know a young adult between the ages of 14-20 years old?
- Do you or the person you know have the ability to take a difficult subject matter and make it less difficult to understand?
- Are you creative and like using the video feature on your phone or camera to create stories and short movies?
A couple of the facts!
Did you know that two out of every three reported STD cases in Florida were under the age of 25?
STD infections are now a national health issue.
Can you take a difficult subject and make it less difficult? Did you know that two out of every three reported STD cases in Florida were under the age of 25? Would you like to help reverse this trend? STD infection is now a national health issue. Florida is trying to do its part but we need your help.
We’re looking for Florida residents ages 14-20 years old to create 15-second and/or 30-second public service announcements. Many of you already make them for your schools but here’s your chance to show off statewide and win prize money for your school or nonprofit organization.
View last year's winning videos on the FMA Alliance YouTube channel. Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.
How you can help:
1. PSAs must be submitted by an individual or youth group under the supervision of an adult.
2. Those participating in the writing, directing, filming or other direct creation of the PSA must be between the ages of 14 to 20 years old.
3. All participants (ages 18-20) or participant’s parent or guardian (for ages 14-17) must sign the video release form from the FMA Alliance, which can be found above.
4. The PSA video must be 15 or 30 seconds in length and each individual or group may submit 1 video for each of the lengths. Each video should be appropriate for the age group and social media sharing.
5 Entries are due on or before by April 1st at 11:59 p.m. EST. These submissions along with release forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The winner will be based on the number of likes and social media shares that take place during STD Awareness Week, April 12-18.
7. Include one of the CDC’s four diverse campaigns into your PSA message:
Get Yourself Tested
Talk. Test. Treat.
Syphilis Strikes Back
More information on these campaigns provided at: https://www.cdc.gov/std/saw/STD_Awareness_Week_DCL_FINAL_1.28.2020.pdf
Entries will be evaluated for accuracy, content and appropriateness by the FMAA Health Promotion Committee and the FMAA Board of Directors. The entries will be evaluated without regard to sex, race, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and disability, religious, national or ethnic origin. For information on prizes and the determination of winners, please visit the FMAA website at http://myfmaa.org/our-programs/std-awareness.
Many of you already create videos for fun, now is a great time to make one to make a difference in the outcome of the health of your peers and maybe gain one of our cash prizes and statewide recognition for your work.
Contact us at email@example.com for additional assistance.
Determination of Winners
All PSAs following criteria and evaluation will be posted on YouTube and Facebook FMAA pages, the winners will be determined by the process of elimination through likes and shares.
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place PSA during the FMA Alliance Annual Meeting or at the discretion of FMAA Board. Winners need not be present to receive.
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place: $100